Women In Identity – London Intern
Starting date: January 2019, 3 days per week for 2 months
Women in Identity(WiD) if you haven’t heard of Women in Identity, were aiming to be a new association focused on driving the topic of diversity and inclusion into the field of digital identity.
We’re new and still small but we pack a big punch when it comes to influence.
We’re looking for someone who can join the team to pick up where our US intern left off to drive us through to the next stage of our development, and really help us shape what 2019 will look like.
Weare looking for someone who will show self-motivation, resourcefulness, creativity and intellectual drive as part of a small association.
The successful intern will need to be prepared to do everything from basic admin duties, to communicating with WiD’s members through social media, or newsletter and website.
In return, we are offering an opportunity by way of an internship for someone to grow and develop skills and a career in STEM in a marketing capacity. The opportunity will enable the intern to meet some of the most influential people working in the field of digital identity in the UK.
About the role:
You will work with the WiD steering group members moving between locations across London, no one day will be the same. You will have tasks set on a weekly basis and you’ll be responsible for driving these through to completion.
Key job responsibilities include:
Comms and Website
- Drive growth and content engagement for WiD across all social channels
- Creating and sending the regular monthly newsletter
- Adding new content such as blogs and ensuring the website is kept up to date and fresh (we’re looking for creative flair!)
- Distributing website statistics
- Distribute WiD produced blog posts and videos
- Interview Women in Identity and distribute these blogs/videos across all channels
- Document your process and achievements in the form of blog posts
- Drive Linkedin engagement and followers for WiD
- Assist in the facilitation of meetups and conferences including liaising with the steering group and connecting with conference organisers to promote the WiD speaker and moderator list.
- Promote the events across all platforms
- Help organise the WiD leadership team (we’re great but geographically distributed across in the globe in different timezones) by arranging and coordinating bi-weekly calls
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that is:
- Resourceful (with an instinct for trying to work stuff out)
- Highly personable and level headed
- Comfortable working alone (the intern might find themselves working alone for a day or two at a time)
- Organised and unafraid to organise others
- Excellent communicator and comfortable talking to people
- In addition, they’ll have a demonstrable interest in clear, ethical communications and marketing and an appetite to learn and develop their own skills and those of others.
Experience or knowledge of science or technology is desirable as is some experience working with WordPress, Twitter, LinkedIn and other forms of social media.
You’ll need to have a keen interest in promoting the topics of diversity and inclusion.
- London living wage
- Some great role models to work with and a chance to meet some amazing people working in this field
- The chance to work on something that will change the digital identity industry and your CV for that matter